Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm A Born Loser...But You Should Still Listen to Me

According to this poll, which matches you with the presidential candidate closest to your ideology, my guy is...[DRUMROLLLLLLLL]...

Dennis Kucinich!


Dennis frickin' Kucinich? what the --?

Sadly, it reflects my abysmal performance in the voting booth in this last election. Only one of the candidates I voted for made it into the runoff. The others all lost. (I'm not including the Lt. Gov.'s race in these stats; that'd be like including flood insurance claim payouts in the federal figure of hurricane aid sent down here).

Just goes to show, this country continues to be screwed up because people can't make sensible choices like I can! Seriously though, there's not a chance in Hades I'll be endorsing Kucin --
-- wait a sec.

Maybe "not a chance in Hades" was a bit over the top.

WASHINGTON, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich on Tuesday mockingly questioned President George W. Bush's mental health for saying Iran's nuclear ambitions might trigger World War III.

"I seriously believe we have to start asking questions about his mental health," Kucinich, a quirky, long-shot candidate in the race for his party's presidential nomination in the November, 2008 election. "There's something wrong. He does not seem to understand his words have real impact."

Kucinich spoke to the editorial board of The Philadelphia Inquirer ahead of a Democratic debate in Philadelphia.

Bush told a news conference two weeks ago: "I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interes4ed in preventing them (Iran) from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon."

Kucinich, a member of the U.S. Congress from Ohio, has tried in the past to convince his colleagues to impeach both Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, to no avail.

He told The Inquirer he did not believe his remarks about Bush's mental stability were irresponsible.

"You cannot be a president of the United States who's wanton in his expression of violence," Kucinich said. "There's a lot of people who need care. He might be one of them. If there isn't something wrong with him, then there's something wrong with us. This, to me, is a very serious question."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note how "rebuilding New Orleans" was not part of that poll...

E.J. said...

Yeah, was kind of hard to miss its absence. LOL But thank you, my friend in academia, for you point out a fatal flaw in the poll. Hence, the results are invalidated and I'm NOT a loser!! yes!

Haven't been this happy since the local Wendy's reopened...2 whole weeks ago.

bayoustjohndavid said...

That poll was an example of why I can never finish those things -- only ethanol/biofuel as an energy alternative, simple yes/no on legal abortion, nothing close to my position on immigration -- easier immigration but very strict penalties on employers who hire illegals and combine immigration enforcement with OSHA, environmental and wage/hour enforcement to sock the shit out of dirtbags who use powerless, illegal immigrants to staff illegally operating heavy polluting sweatshops. I've never seen one of those polls that I liked.

E.J. said...

I just did it for fun, but that poll did suck (which went thru my head as I did it). A shame for those who don't know better.

The immigration question was so bad, I don't think I even answered it. I briefly worked in policy research and when asked for my thoughts on a poll they were doing, I pointed out where -- well -- where it was stupid and could be better. Their response was they couldn't change it b/c they wanted to be able to compare results with the poll they derived theirs from.

Like I said, worked with them BRIEFLY. lol

Clifton said...

I had to try this. I was tied with Kucinich and Chris Dodd. As usual, none of my candidates have a chance of winning.