Friday, October 12, 2007

A Hallmark Card for Katrina Survivors?

I don't think Hallmark has a Katrina card, but if they did, it might say something like this. I didn't come up with it, but I'd like to pass it on to all those around here who feel they are barely hangin' on. From me, to you:

I'll bet you've had about enough
of people telling you how strong you are
and how great you are doing
during this awful, difficult
period in your life.


Maybe you'd rather hear someone say
how much this sucks, how outrageous
and unfair it is.
Maybe you'd rather hear someone tell you that you don't have to be strong
all the time.
Or that it's definitely okay
to curse fate and throw a tantrum or two.
So here I am to tell you
all that stuff and more,
to let you know where I stand,
which is right in your corner.
There's no right way or wrong way
at a time like this.
However you work through this thing
is immaterial to me.


All I care about is that
you ask for what you need,
lean on those who love you,
and try to trust me when I say
that you'll come out the other side.

~ Jeannie Hund

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a card now. My friend just got one

E.J. said...

Thanks for the heads up, Anon.