Angela...now that's a person who could blow this wide open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by FauxU December 28, 2009, 12:53AM
$1352 paid by the tax payer/political contributor and he gets back $4775. He's more reasonable at controlling the cost to the taxpayer when it comes to rewarding himself. At least he doesn't waste $10,000 in tax payer money to get only a $1000 in his pocket. He should get the good government award.It might not be above the IRS limits, but it is above the monetary limits set by the state ethics board for receiving gifts.
Posted by mayormustgo December 27, 2009, 7:38AM
Whatever happened to everyone pitching in and buying a tie as a gift. This stinks. All tax free gifts to their bosses, with money from taxpayer paid salaries. The citizens of Jefferson actually paid for these gifts. This gets worse every day. I wonder if someone did not pay, would they get canned immediately, or have all the rights and the delays given to Whitmer. . Just remember all this as you write your property tax check, or you pay for the short yellow light you got caught at. Jim Letten, please stop this, everyone else in the state just ignores it.
Posted by leveeliar December 27, 2009, 8:32AM
Same thing is happening in Plaquemines, at will employees need some protection from these criminals...
Posted by plaqer December 27, 2009, 8:52AM
Can Aaron Broussard spend campaign money legally for holiday gifts for his employees? I don't think so! The U.S. Attorney should look at the Aaron Broussard President Campaign Committee (run by attorney David Sherman) and the Tim Coulon Campaign Committree (run by Tim Whitmer and Tom Wilkerson). These campaign committees are used to laundry money and avoid taxes.Posted by crabstew December 27, 2009, 9:02AM
These are the same idiots that had no problem cutting from the budget, tenure pay that hourly employees receive at christmas time. To earn tenure pay you have to be with the parish two years, and from that point you would receive $25 for each year of service. This is given by check where TAXES are deducted. A ten year employee receives less than $200.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Interesting Takes on the Jeff Parish Christmas Special
I thought the following nola.com comments on the gift exchange between Pres. Broussard and his appointees were interesting.
I hope so, "jimmylikesnola." Just make sure you have friends standing nearby to fish you out when you get tired swimming, and sinking down into the cesspool with the rest of 'em starts to look like an attractive option.
Hanging on for Dear Life: Katrina Survivors" Daily Struggle to Live
- The representative of the neighborhood "Lakeview" (an upper middle class mostly white neighborhood of NOLA) just told a story that will stay with me for the rest of my life. She told the story of 2 volunteers from Boston, a mother and a 9 year old daughter. After a week of working, the daughter turned to the mother and asked her when they would be returning to America. The lady representative broke down into tears and asked the senate panel the same question. When will we be returning to America?
- 2005 homeowners insurance: $1926... 2006 homeowners insurance: $2343... 2007 homeowners insurance bill: $4599
- That ain't shit. 2005 Farmers: $2400 / 2006 Farmers: $4000 / 2007 Farmers: $11,000
- "I hope the levees break again and kill you."
- The average cost for a 2,000-square-foot home has jumped, probably, to the $80,000 range just for foundation work